Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pastel knitted stripes & BPS review

Hello Lovelies!

I've actually never gotten around to using sticker decals like these before if you'd believe it! I was sent a pack of these decals from BPS to review, and I had a bit of trial and error with them. The little pack came with two long strips, and then a set of "nail shaped" stickers, the kind you'd use for a full mani. The regular stickers were way too thin for my nails, the stickers meant for the ring, index, and middle fingers were just barely big enough for my pinkie nail.
I got creative and cut the two long strips into pieces just big enough for my nails, and came up with this design!



I started with a base of Maybelline Color Show Cool Canary with a thin coat of L.A Colors Color Craze Speckled. Speckled has a very unique mix of matte glitters that defy definition, so here's a bottle shot!


After letting my base dry completely I applied the stickers, they smoothed out very nicely without any fuss. I wore these nails for around five days, and the stickers never lifted or moved out of place! Here's their product page if ya wanna check them out, and if you ever order anything from Born Pretty, this code is good for 10% off your order: ALBK31

See you later!

16 comments:

  1. Awww...this is soooo pretty! I super love the color that you have used. I find this very unique. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and creative, you ended up with some nice nails. Thanks for showing us on the #HomeMattersParty both your pretty nails and the discount code too.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great solution! Your nails look like Easter eggs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they kinda do, seems like I'm always out of season :P

      Delete
  4. I like how you got creative with these decals, because I love how the end result turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never work decals, I'm impressed at how well they look! Love that base colour, it's so much fun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were surprisingly easy to use, no lumps or bumps like I usually get.

      Delete
  6. I like this design, this is really cute. I did some nail arts too and made a blog about it. I have been lazy for a while now. I find your designs inspiring. Might help me get back in the groove. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's makes me very happy! I'd love to see some of your designs :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome base coat colour! So much sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great nail design:-) Do you have nails especially designed for July 4? Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Please join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't do any this year! But if you search the blog for 4th of july you'll find lots from past years.

      Delete