Monday, June 22, 2015

I made a classic Lolita dress!

Hello Lovelies!

I fell in love with Lolita fashion a couple months ago, specifically this dress. And no, it's not that kind of Lolita. Here's a great blog post that explains the confusing name. Lolita is a very feminine, with lots of ruffles, heavily Victorian influenced, and modest Japanese fashion. So basically, everything I love in dresses! There are tons of different styles of Lolita, but my favorite is classic Lolita. I have a whole pinterest board here if you want to see some of the gorgeous dresses I've found.

Anyways, I decided to take the plunge and try to draft a pattern for this dress. I originally was going to use this shirt pattern, and add on the skirt, but I sewed a test run and it failed horribly. So I threw that out the window, and made up my own. This was my first time completely making a pattern up on my own, and honestly I was so surprised it worked! I wrote out a rough tutorial on how I made the dress here.

But since it turned out so beautifully, I had to do a full out photo shoot in it!











See you next time! Pickedresses Prom dresses Canada

11 comments:

  1. So delicate and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Together on Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is amazing! You are so talented! I love this so much! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Just followed you everywhere - great blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love sewing for my girls, your dress turned out beautiful!!
    Thanks for sharing on the #OMHGWW this week!!

    Hope you have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very unique style...it looks lovely on you! Thanks for joining us on Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday!
    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete