Monday, May 4, 2015

Down by the bay, where the watermelons grow

Hello Lovelies!

I have a board on pinterest where I pin drawings, food, animals, and random cute things that I might draw inspiration from for nail art designs, and this little guy has been sitting in it for months.
I have a thing for cute sentient food, and it makes for awesome nail art!
I started these happy watermelon gals off with two coats of Ulta Let The Flames Begin. The green rind is Pure Ice Free Spirit, and I used Sinful Colors Black on Black for the faces and outlines.






Do you find yourself drawing inspiration from strange places?

20 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea for your nails. My niece would absolutely love this. She is always trying new paint designs on her nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You must have a steady hand to be such a nail artist :) These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Together on Tuesdays again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are lovely, how do you get your pictures to turn out so beautiful? I think lady bugs will be cute to make too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to take all my pictures outside during midday, in indirect sunlight. I've found that is the best way to capture colors accurately and not have totally washed out pictures.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for joining us at the Oh My Heartsie Girl Wordless Wednesday! I look forward to seeing you again next week!
    Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous nails! You will definitely make a statement with those! Thanks for joining the Oh My Heartsie-Girls WW!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful designs, perfect for a summer picnic! Thanks for visiting The Oh My Heartsie Girls party this week!
    Wishing you a great weekend, Karren

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable set of nails! :-) Tis the season to start getting out the polish for my toes again too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started getting back into doing cute toe designs, I practically live in my flipflops once it gets warm enough so I like to have polished toes :)

      Delete
  8. Holy cute!! Awesome design! Love the eyelashes especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The eyelashes were fun to do :)

      Delete
  9. Your nails are awesome! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Hope you will join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete