Monday, March 2, 2015

Mini Posts: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Red Velvet swatches & review


Hello Lovelies!

I'm notoriously awful at keeping lipstick on, so I mostly stick to my eos lipbalms. But sometimes I think, "This is a red lipstick day", and this is my new favorite to grab. 
This is Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters in the shade Red Velvet, it's a dark cherry red that I've been wearing layered over untinted lipbalms. It's super creamy and doesn't dry your lips out, but since it's so balmy it doesn't have very good lasting power.
Dry lips annoy me more than touching up lipstick so this was a good match for me, and finding it for three bucks at big lots was the cherry on top :)

Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. Awww.....such a beautiful color. I guess I have to pass on this for I prefer long lasting lippies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could layer it over a lip pencil and get the best of both worlds?

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful red on you. I really love the Lip Butters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to track down some more, I love this kind of lippie!

      Delete
  3. That's a great color on you. I REALLY like your thumbnail art that I see in your photo. I'm a black nail polish kind of gal...no, I'm not goth. Black goes with everything!
    Darlene
    http://whosaprettygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And black does go with everything, but I hate how stark the chips look!

      Delete
  4. How beautiful looks this lipstick.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color. I never had guts to wear lipstick, I stick with lip gloss. Thanks for linking up at Thursday Favorite Things, please visit us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My long hair is always getting stuck in lip gloss so I go with lipsticks most of the time, haha.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Oh My Heartsie Girl WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great price. I'm going to put it on my list for my trip to Big Lot's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a steal, I'll be on the lookout for more next time I hit Big Lots!

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous red!! Thank you for sharing at Friday Favorites Link Party! I hope to see you there this week! Hugs - Christine

    ReplyDelete