Monday, February 23, 2015

Watercolor tribal gradient nails

Hello Lovelies!

I tried a new kind of gradient today, I used four polishes and swiped them on a sponge in a 2x2 square, so not the usual line of stripes. I sponged them over a white base to make the blues really pop, I had to go over it a few times to get everything the way I wanted, and I love how it turned out!


I used Wet n Wild Wild Shine French White Creme, then I sponged with Jordana Boy Oh Boy, Color Club Chelsea Girl, Wet n Wild Megalast I Need A Refresh-Mint, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jade Jump.
I stamped over it with Bundle Monster BM-402, BM-403, and Ciate Paperdoll.


I love how it turned out looking like indian pottery, I used one green polish in the gradient to contrast against all those blues, and it really added to the whole watercolor look. I matted the whole design with Wet n Wild Wild Shine Matte Top Coat.


Thanks for the visit!

14 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love how the base turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised with how these came out :)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! The base gradient looks like marble, or something! I need to figure out how to stamp, soon! Thanks for linking up with us again at the Best of the Blogosphere! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right, and it sure beats water marbling mess wise!

      Delete
  3. These turned out great! Thanks for linking up with Best of the Blogosphere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh!! These are amazing! The base colours are so pretty and your stamping is incredible!
    Also, as it's my first time on your awesome blog, I have to say that your name "A Girl and her Chicken Named Betty" is making my life, this morning. Haha! Best name I've seen in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Thanks so much for sharing at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I hope you stop by to link up with us again this week. Remember the party starts tonight at 10pm!
    Christie ~ Sparkles of Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's some awesome nail artwork. I can't even imagine having to do that on both hands. I'm loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually one of the reasons I love gradients is because they're easy to do on both hands, haha.

      Delete