Monday, November 3, 2014

Deb Polish Swatches: A Hit & Miss

Hello Lovelies!

I have a kind of random swatch post for you today, I recently found out that Deb sells nail polish, and I picked up two since they were bogo. Neither of these have names, I loved one, and I'm just confused by the other. Can you guess which is which?


I layered the first over Revlon Cloud, it's a mix of medium and micro holo glitters in a milky white sheer base. I matted it and for some reason that made it even more glittery, I've never tried matting a holo before and wasn't sure what would happen with that.


Now I was expecting this one to be a stunner, in the bottle it has holo bar glitter and copper hex glitter in a clear base. I layered it over e.l.f Smoky Brown stamped with Pueen 71 and Nina Ultra Pro Gladiator because I thought it would look nice over brown and gold, but no no no! Somehow the bar glitter isn't holo on the nail? I'm really confused by that, and somehow it ended up looking like ugly camo. So I loved the first and not so much with the second. Maybe if I layer it over something else?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like the second nail polish! Maybe it photographs different from how it looks in person, but it looks really awesome in the picture! That first nail look is really pretty, too!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete