Sunday, September 7, 2014

The man in the moon

Hello Lovelies!

I have some kite inspired nail art today! I bought this kite a couple months ago at a thriftshop to hang on my wall, and while trying to figure out what I wanted to paint today, I realized it would make a interesting nail design!


I started with a white base, sponged a watercolor-y gradient on top, and then outlined the moon in white with a detail brush. I don't really like doing designs that stretch over more than one nail since I'm not good at balancing my proportions out, but I think this turned out alright! 


I used a dotting tool for the planets and dots, and the detail brush again for the stars and features of the moon. I also free-handed "The Man In The Moon" on my thumb in pink with a striping brush.



Here's the polishes I used:

Wet n Wild Wild Shine french white creme & clear nail protector,
Wet n Wild Megalast candy-licious & violet attack,
NYC in a new york color minute MoMa,
L.A Colors Color Craze static electricity,
a sponge,
detail brush,
dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful manicure! I love such unique freehand designs and your inspiration was such a good idea :D I also love the colours you used. I'm going to be following your blog :) I also want to let you know I am having a give away at my blog for a set of oumaxi acrylic paint, I just thought I'd mention it as you seem to enjoy freehand art too :) xx

    ReplyDelete