Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How to lose a guy in 10 days

Hello Lovelies!

I'm jumping into the Llama nails challenge once again, and this week's theme is inspired by a romance movie or book!




How to lose a guy in 10 days is one of my favorite rom coms, it's about Andie Anderson who works at the magazine Composure and is assigned an article to write, How to lose a guy in 10 days, but here's the catch, she's the guinea pig! And it just so happens that Benjamin Barry has made a bet with his boss that he can make any woman fall in love with him in 10 days. It's a really funny movie with a ton of great quotes which I tried to include in my nail art!



My index finger reads "All's fair in love & war", middle is "You're so vain", ring says "Frost yourself" and I stamped some diamonds, pinkie is the love fern, and I lettered "How to lose a guy in 10 days on my thumb". I would of loved to do a Sleepless in Seattle nail, since that played a part in the movie, but I couldn't find any good posters to inspire a nail design. And I have a great stamping image of the space needle, but somehow I lost it the minute I thought of a way to actually use it!



My base is Pure Ice home run, and I used a striping brush for all the lettering and the fern. I stamped with BM09 and Pure Ice A-list, the purple lettering is Rue Beaute! unnamed, the dark blue is Orly star of bombay, and the pink on my thumb is Wet n Wild megalast candy-licious.





Other polishes I used:

Wet n Wild Wild Shine french white creme,
China Glaze def defying,
CQ golden green,
and Wet n Wild Wild Shine clear nail protector.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! You should definitely do Sleepless in Seattle nails once you find that image! I love that movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha the 'love fern' :) great movie.

    ReplyDelete