Sunday, August 31, 2014

Guest post from Marisa a.k.a Hey, Darling Polish!

Hello darlings!

I'm super excited to be blogging for Alexandria today! I love writing guest posts for people but I have to admit that this was the first time that someone reached out to me about posting for them. It definitely put a smile on my face so hopefully this post will put a smile on yours!

A little bit about me, my name is Marisa and I run the blog Hey, Darling Polish! I love patterns and having colorful nails. And guess what I have for you guys today! Patterns and colorful nails! (:

Onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, freehand, guest post, hey darling polish, pattern, floral, blue

nails, nail art, nail polish, freehand, guest post, hey darling polish, pattern, floral, blue

Here's what I used:


I asked Alexandria what her favorite colors were and she said she likes anything mint, pastel, or glitter-y. And I didn't do any of that....whoops...haha! I mean the base is kind of pastel-y, a little bright but it's a pretty color. The design was inspired by this pattern.

nails, nail art, nail polish, freehand, guest post, hey darling polish, pattern, floral, blue

These nails started with 2 coats of Take Me To Your Chateau and a layer of Seche Vite. Then using acrylic paint I painted on the pattern. I started with the white flowers and built the other elements up around them. When everything was dry, I added another coat of Seche Vite.

nails, nail art, nail polish, freehand, guest post, hey darling polish, pattern, floral, blue

I'm so happy with how these nails turned out! I haven't done nail art in close to a week but I think these nails gave me my mojo back haha (:

Thanks for having me Alexandria and I hope everyone enjoyed reading this post!

-Marisa! (:


I love the little raindrops and all the colors you used Marisa! Thanks so much for guesting here at A girl and her chicken named Betty :)

2 comments: