Thursday, July 31, 2014

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Hello Lovelies!

It's the very last day of the OMD2 challenge! I succeeded in only missing one post of this 31 day adventure, and as usual with these lengthy challenges, this has helped my nail art skills a bit with all the different themes. The last theme is your signature style. As with most aspects of my life, my style is pretty eclectic, I'll be wearing an goth looking dress with bones galore one day, and a preppy floral sundress the next, complete with bright pink lipstick!
So I decided to go with one of my untried polishes, I bought this because of the unique color that grabbed my attention, so I thought this would give you a glimpse into what makes me go "oooh!".





This is three coats of Covergirl Outlast Glosstinis inferno, it's a super shimmery coppery gold polish that almost a duochrome, but not quite. It was pretty finicky and streaky on the first two coats, but the third balanced it out nicely. Since it was so streaky I got a bit messy in application and had to do more clean up than usual, since it's a shimmer based polish I was expecting it be a pain in getting off my skin, but surprisingly it was really easy. I stamped on top of Inferno with Pueen plate 54 and Color Club by design, by design is a dark creamy plum that went fantastically with the copper/gold tones of my base.





As you can see I have more pictures than usual in this post, I had perfect lighting and since this is such a gorgeous polish I took about half a dozen that I had to pick through!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous! PERFECT pictures! I need to get better at stamping (and picking color matchups) so I can do stuff like this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your nails are on fire! I really like the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete