Tuesday, July 8, 2014

OMD2 Elsa Frozen nails

Hello Lovelies!

Today's theme in the OMD2 is shimmer! I was a bit stumped as to what to do for today, I knew I wanted to do some nail art but that was it, so I asked a 'lil brother for some input. After a couple pretty weird suggestions, he said I should do "that girl from Frozen who has snow powers since her dress is sparkly and so is snow", so Elsa nails it is!


I started with two coats of Pure Ice home run (a fitting brand name don't you think?), and then saran wrapped on top of that with NYC cashmere cream and Jordana boy oh boy. I added some glitter on top to give it that icy sparkly look, I'm not sure how to describe this glitter because I've never seen anything like it, they're like little shards of holo glitter, a little funky for my taste but it works perfectly with this!


I started with a nude base on my ring finger for the silhouette of Elsa's dress, I used a detail brush for all the lining and a dotting tool for the bottom of it.

Other polishes I used:

Wet n Wild Megalast I need a refresh-mint,
Revlon colorstay seashell,
L.A colors art deco sea foam green,
Color Mates little blue box,
Claire's glow in the dark unnamed polish,
EN-VY funny bunny,
Wet n Wild Wild Shine clear nail protector,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh you got it so right, it looks straight out of Frozen! Love that glitter, very unusual.

    ReplyDelete