Sunday, July 20, 2014

OMD2 day 20 Hard Candy sweet tooth

Hello Lovelies!

It's day 20 of the OMD2 and today's theme is chevrons! I experimented with this one a bit, I took a full nail stamping image, and instead of stamping like I normally would I only used the corner to get those crisp edges for my chevron. But I used a patterned image so the triangle shape wasn't clear enough, so I ended up outlining it in the same polish I used to stamp.


My base is Hard Candy sweet tooth, I either used four or five coats of this, this layers up nicely but it's quite a thin polish so it does take a while to build up opacity. Then I stamped with BM10 and Orly star of bombay. I've been using an old credit card to scrape my plates for almost the last year and haven't touched my Konad scraper in ages. But I decided to use it for my last three manis and it really does work easier and make crisper images for me to pick up, I'm can't really remember why I stopped using it in the first place. Maybe because it's a pain to clean afterwards? 
Anyways, after stamping with star of bombay I outlined that in the same polish to make the chevrons more apparent. Then I just finished off with a coat of Wet n Wild Wild Shine clear nail protector.


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Beauty nail art, and love ur base polish. God Bless U and big hug from Colombia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the base color and the beautiful glitters on top. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete