Sunday, May 25, 2014

FFTB If ten million fireflies lit up the world as I fell asleep

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the Finger Foods Theme Buffet is nature! I tried something I've never done before, fireflies! They ended up looking a tad pillbug-esque but I think I like the fat rolly-polly look of them. To start I did a gradient of L.A colors tropical breeze, e.l.f  coral dream, and NYC in a new york color minute heat wave.


After letting that dry for a few minutes, I added a thin coat of The Color Workshop gold digger and then I started on the fireflies. I started by painting the bodies in gray, and then outlining them in black and doing the details on their bellies. The I painted the wings in white, outlined them in silver, an used a dotting tool for the black eyes. And finally I used a detail brush to add the gold shimmers on their behinds.



Here's the other polishes I used:

Wet n Wild wild shine clear nail protector,
The Color Workshop base coat,
Wet n Wild wild shine metallica,
Wet n Wild wild shine french white creme,
Wet n Wild wild shine black creme,
Petites color fever vintage gray,
Lotus Herbals colour dew gold mist,
a dotting tool,
and a detailing brush.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Look so so cool :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I love the colors you used for the ombre too!
    Stopping by & following along from the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop!
    Kallie, But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete