Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo sugar skull nail art

Hi girls!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! My nails are inspired by the sugar skull in the background, it came from a little shop in Albequerque New Mexico. It was surprisingly difficult to get pictures of the nails holding the skull so I have some creative prop placement, haha.


I started with a base of white and went from there, the eyes are some rhinestones that came in a 3N1 nail art pen by Sassy+Chic. I wasn't sure if they were too yellow, but they turned out to be a dead match for the real eyes on the sugar skull!

 

 

I used a mixture of dotting tool, striping brush, and detail brush for the features of the skull. I broke my middle nail down to the quick a couple days ago, so I'm down to a nubbin on that one, but I really didn't wan't to hack my other nice long ones so I think I'll just let it be for the time being.

Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Wet n wild wild shine french white creme,
Color Mates nail art black,
Color Mates nail art lime,
Wet n wild wild shine lavender creme,
Wet n wild megalast candy-licious,
The Color Workshop base coat,
a dotting tool,
and a detail brush.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. errr. nnoo... too happy to be skull like.. maybe goth-like for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, I love the colors and the skull design! I didn't even notice your middle nail was shorter :)

    ReplyDelete