Tuesday, April 22, 2014

30DC some quali-tea nail art

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the 30DC is to match your nails to your drink. I drink a lot of tea so I decided to match my nails to my favorite mug! My base is Hard Candy sweet tooth, I recently snagged it on clearance for half off at wal-mart. Sweet tooth is a really lovely creme based glitter, there are copper, pink, light blue, dark blue, and white glitters in a blue/pink tinted creme base.


I really like Sweet tooth, but it took almost five coats to get this opacity, so that's a bit of a turnoff. I freehanded a mug of tea complete with tea bag on my ring nail, I outlined it in black first and then I filled it in with white, I used a detailing brush for all the details.




I was surprised that I had a polish that worked so well for the tea itself, I drink a lot of black orange spice tea so that dark almost red shade was perfect for this.


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Wet n wild wild shine french white creme,
black acrylic paint,
Petites color fever vintage gray,
Jesse's Girl center stage,
and a detailing brush.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment