Sunday, April 27, 2014

30DC & He Picks My Polish three scoops please!

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the 30DC is inspired by a photograph and it's also the first day of He Picks My Polish April! I employed a brother's help again and this time he picked out five shades for me to use.
I actually had to throw three extra polishes in to make something out of this so I ended up using eight different shades for this!


I was inspired by this photo, I used a striping brush to outline and detail the cones, and then I used a dotting tool to do the ice cream scoops and cherries on top. I was surprised I was able to make such a coherent design out of what he chose, a green, a shimmery purple, a pink, a gold, and mocha brown.


Polishes I used:

The Color Workshop base coat,
Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Pink Ice by RueBeaute!,
Wet n wild megalast candy-licious,
Ulta let the flames begin,
NYC black lace creme,
Lotus herbals colour dew gold mist,
Pure ice free spirit,
The color workshop unnamed,
a detail brush,
and a dotting tool.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Whoa! You absolutely rose to the challenge with this look! So cute :) Your brother picked a difficult set no doubt, but you made it work. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 8 colors?! That's intense. I like what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ice-creams look great on your nails! this nail art looks so lovely!

    Have a great week!
    Xx Creativenails4fun

    ReplyDelete