Saturday, April 19, 2014

30DC distressed nails

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the 30DC is distressed! I've never tried this technique before, so I found the original tutorial from Chalkboard Nails to be very helpful. I used pretty much the same color scheme as in the tutorial, and it was very easy to do! I had a black polish that has thickened up quite a bit and I was considering tossing it but it was perfect for doing the dry strokes you need for these. I might just start saving polishes that dry up for distressed nails instead of tossing them out like I usually do!


I started with a base of Wet n wild wild shine french white creme, and my three distressed shades are Wet n wild megalast candy-licious, Wet n wild megalast I need a refresh-mint, and L.A colors color craze tropical breeze. My black almost dried up polish is Wet n wild wild shine black creme, I go through a lot of this polish, I think I've gone through three or four bottles of it!


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you chose! I keep my slightly thick polishes around for the same reason too, I love doing distressed manis entirely too much hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nails!
    This manicure looks stunning :)

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you chose! I keep my slightly thick polishes around for the same reason too, I love doing distressed manis entirely too much hahaha.

    ReplyDelete