Monday, April 14, 2014

30DC Buffy the Vampire Slayer nails

Hi girls!

Sorry I'm a bit late with today's post, my internet has been on the fritz all day and I just got it to work again, fingers crossed it holds on long enough to write this! Today's theme in the 30DC is loose glitter, and even though I totally stretched today's theme to the breaking point tp do these, I'm very happy with what I came up with!


These are Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer inspired nails, and I've been wanting to do these for ages! I did throw in a nail to Angel though, my index is the logo Cordelia made, but the rest of them are buffy-centric! My thumb is the ring Angel gave to Buffy, my middle finger is from the show logo, my ring finger is some "vampire dust" with Mr. Pointy (that's where I threw my loose glitter in), and my pinkie is the Grr Argh monster from the ending credits. This is the first time I've tries using acrylic paint in nail art, I've seen a lot of nail blogs doing it but I just never tried it myself. It actually made some of the more detailed nails easier to paint, I may be including it in more manis in the future! And my gorgeous purple base is Wet n wild fast dry buffy the violet slayer, I just had to use it!


The ring didn't come out quite as clear as I hoped, hands are really hard to paint when they're that small!


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild fast dry buffy the violet slayer,
Wet n wild wild shine metallica,
Lotus herbals colour dew copper gold,
White and black acrylic paint,
The Color Workshop loose glitter,
and Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE!!!! Absolutely fantastic, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! Buffy is my favourite tv show ever! I particularly love the little monster on your pinkie, but everything in this manicure is great anyway. I love your Mr Pointy with the vampire dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o.m.g. BUFFY NAILS! love love love love times a million! now must resist the urge to immediately pull up an episode on my dvr, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete