Monday, April 21, 2014

30DC all hail the glow cloud

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the 30DC is weather! I recently got into Welcome to the Night Vale, it's a podcast about a town in the desert where all the conspiracy theories are true. If you want to listen to it, click here. In the second show Cecil talks about a mysterious glowing cloud that covers the town, and I've been wanting to do something for the show so this was the perfect opportunity!


I started with a purple as close to the one above as I could find for my base and then I sponged a bunch of different purple tinted jellies and glitters over it, it turned into a sort of subtle galaxy look. I used a dotting tool to do the clouds at the base of each nail, but then I lightly sponged them with the same white to get a more airy fluffy texture. I used a detailing brush for the eye logo on the thumb and to letter "Hail the glow cloud" on the rest of the nails.





Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Wet n wild wild shine french white creme,
L.A colors color craze tropical breeze,
NYC in a new york color minute sparkle top coat,
Wet n wild fast dry buffy the violet slayer,
RueBeaute! layered unnamed polish,
Sinful Colors daddy's girl,
black acrylic paint,
a sponge,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so interesting! Great job at matching the colors so perfectly too! I love how the metallic silver pops up against that fuchsia/violet and sparkles combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stories sound fascinating <3 I might have to check the podcast out

    And love the colors you used in this one!

    ReplyDelete