Friday, March 14, 2014

Pie day nail art

Hi girls!

It's pie day! The mathematical variety not the pastry, but I thought pastry nail art would be more appreciated so, tada! Cherry pie nail art!


 It doesn't look like it, but I actually used ten different polishes for this, all the shading I painted on the crust took a lot of different shades of peach and gold.
I started with a base of red and painted the cherries over that, then I highlighted some of them with a mixture of red and white polish. My crust ended up thicker than I planned so all that detail I put into the cherries was kind of wasted. I used a striping brush for the crust, highlighted some of the edges with a sheer gold polish, and then dotted some more red over the exposed base to show more of the cherries.
The pie was done with a striping brush and then I used a dotting tool to dot the filling in, it actually was easier to do than the crust nails!


Polishes I used:

The Color Workshop base coat,
Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Lotus Herbals colour dew gold mist,
Petites color fever sea shell,
Essence nude glam peach cream,
Wet n wild wild shine blazed,
Ulta let the flames begin,
Wet n wild wild shine black creme,
Wet n wild wild shine french white creme,
Sally Hansen 10 day no chip surely ivory,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment