Thursday, March 20, 2014

GOT ruffle gradient french tips

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the Golden Oldie Thursdays challenge is ruffles! I think I used more polishes in this mani than any other in the challenge, I used eleven if you count base and top coat!
Last time I tried a ruffle mani it didn't come out that well, but I've had more practice with my dotting tool since then and I'm very pleased with how these came out.




I'm especially happy with my thumb so I had to take a close up shot of that nail. I started with a thin coat of a sheer lavender polish and then just went crazy with the dotting tool! For some reason my white polish smeared horribly when I put top coat on my right hand, so I let my left dry for a couple minutes before top coating. I wasn't planning on the white tips when I started, but I really like the subtle gradient french tip look.


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
The Color Workshop base coat,
Wet n wild wild shine lavender creme,
Wet n wild wild shine tickled pink,
Wet n wild wild shine french white creme,
NYC sheer french kisses,
Lotus Herbals colour dew pink lustre,
Wet n wild megalast candy-licious,
Wet n wild megalast sugar coat,
Essence nude glam peach and cream,
and a dotting tool.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. They look really nice! I've been wanting to do this king of design in a long time! :x

    Please check my blog: www.dittanail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete