Monday, February 10, 2014

Week of Love Day One Candy Heart Sayings nail art

Hi girls!

I'm a bit behind on my posts, we got more than a foot of snow and our power went out for a couple days, but I have power and internet for the moment so I'll be playing catchup today! I'm starting a new challenge, the Week of Love Valentine's nail art challenge. Bee Happy and Buy Polish made the challenge and I'm looking forward to see everyone's takes on the themes! It's also the first day of the Strum my Heartstrings challenge by The Lacquered Landlubber and the theme is matte.

The first day's theme is Candy Heart sayings, I don't have many pastel polishes so I had to dig around a bit to find the right shades for today's mani. I just freehanded the letters with a detail brush and matted it with NYC matte me crazy to give it that chalky candy finish that the candies have.

My lettering didn't come out quite the way I hoped but I like the end result, I think the mint on my index finger looks really nice matted.


Polishes I used:

The Color Workshop base coat,
Sally Hansen X-treme wear mint sorbet,
NYC in a new york color minute lexington yellow,
Wet n wild wild shine tickled pink,
elf unnamed,
NYC in a new york color minute MoMa,
NYC matte me crazy,
and a dotting tool.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. How cute!! I love the look of conversation hearts.. never could quite stomach them though but they are quintessentially Valentine's Day! Love them matted! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow down to you writing on your nails, I can never do that and let it look half decent. How many coats did you use for NYC in a new york color minute lexington yellow? It looks perfect, I need to find a workable yellow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I'd thought to use a matte topcoat - you're right, it's like the candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You did a great job picking your base colors, and your lettering is good. I have trouble spacing my lettering correctly LOL.

    ReplyDelete