Friday, February 14, 2014

Hearts on Chains valentine's day mani

Hi girls!

Today is the final day in the Week of Love Valentine challenge and the theme is to re-create your favorite mani that someone else has done for the challenge. I re-created this mani from FingerFood, she did it for the heart theme. In the Strum my Heartstrings challenge the theme for today is something inspired by love, and I'm a day late for the GOT challenge, the theme for that was just Valentine's Day.


I'm kind of running short on ancient polishes for the GOT challenge so I used one of my untrieds for today's mani  (the rules say I can!). I recieved this polish when I won the Midwest Lacquered Mama's one year blogiversary giveaway, this is Zoya Giovanna. This is four coats, I dinged one of my nails so that's the reason I used so many coats, I think you could get away with only two. It has a pretty average dry time, I really didn't like the brushes handle though, it's pretty wonky to paint with.


I used a detailing brush and a dotting tool, same as Sam did with hers. I'm very happy with how my hearts came out, I'm usually not very good at freehanding hearts and having them all look more or less the same.


Other polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
The Color Workshop base coat,
Lotus Herbals colour dew gold mist,
a detailing brush,
and a dotting tool.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that green base color - it really is gorgeous on you! :) Thanks for joining the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete