Saturday, February 15, 2014

Anti-Valentines Shattered Hearts nail art

Hi girls!

The last theme in the Strum my Heartstrings challenge is anti-valentine, I was pretty stumped as to what to do for this one but I found this lovely mani by of faces and fingers that inspired me to create these nails. So instead of the usual image of a broken heart with a jagged line down the middle, these are shattered hearts. I started with a base of black, outlined the hearts in silver glitter and then filled them in with a pink crackle polish to get the shattered effect.
I had almost forgotten I had this crackle, I should use crackles in my nail art more often!



Polishes I used:

The Color Workshop base coat,
Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
NYC black lace creme,
L.A colors art deco silver glitter,
Fright Night claw polish unnamed pink crackle,
and a detail brush.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of the crackle polish! Nobody seems to use them much anymore, but I think people should -- this looks great :)

    ReplyDelete