Friday, January 31, 2014

Let it Snow half moons calligraphy

Hi girls!

Today's theme in the Let it Snow challenge is half moons! I recently bought a calligraphy pen after seeing this nail art tool a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sure if a regular calligraphy nib would work the same so I was a bit hesitant to get one since the pens can be sorta pricy. But when I looked at Jo-Anns they only had one left on the shelf and the ink pot that came with it had exploded, and I was able to get them to discount it so I snagged it for only a buck fifty!


I had a calligraphy set a couple years ago so I sort of remember how to do it, but I definitely need some more practice! I'm thinking this will make lettering way easier to do, I'm excited to see what I'll be able to do in future nail art. This tutorial inspired the design, and I used the ink that came with the pen for the lace half moons. I was surprised that my topcoat didn't smear the ink, and the cleanup was a breeze.


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
and Color Mates little blue box.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. These look gorgeous -- I love how elegant the lace designs look! I never thought of using a calligraphy pen for nail art, it seems to work really well! (and topcoat doesn't smudge the ink, that's amazing!)

    ReplyDelete