Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mochi Making

Hi girls!

I made some plushie mochis from the anime Hetalia a couple days ago and it got me wondering what actual mochi taste like so I did a little searching and found this easy recipe on how to make them!


The only thing I changed from the original recipe is I used potato starch instead of wheat starch. I looked at a bunch of different recipes and I don't think it really matters what sort of starch you use, I saw one using cornstarch and I'm sure that would be less of a hassle to get a hold of than wheat or potato.

I wasn't able to get my dough to form into a nifty ball like in the video but it smoothed out nicely when I rolled the individual balls by hand.



The sweetened bean paste actually tastes good by itself, the dough not so much; I have a tendency to nibble on things throughout the cooking process, that's probably why it takes me so long to make cookies!


These only kept for a little more than a day, they were still eatable the second day but the centers had dried out a bit so they weren't as tasty. These are super filling too, I ate two or three since they're so small and was feeling very full for the rest of the day!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I've never made mochi myself but it looks really easy! Thanks for the recipe link. :)

    ReplyDelete