Sunday, November 17, 2013

33DC Day 25 Nimbus nails

Hi girls!

It's day 25 of The Crumpet's 33DC and today's theme is a new technique for you. I first saw these nails on Tales of Knit and Nails, but the original mani is from The Nailasaurus.
This is called nimbus nail art, you mix your nail polish with acetone and dab it on with cotton swabs to get this watery layered look. Sammy's tutorial said you could use nail polish remover instead of acetone and it's less effective, but that's all I had on hand so that's what I went with.


I used four different blue polishes for this, I started with the darkest and went from there. It was a bit of a pain to clean up, but I really like it!


Polishes I used:

NYC extra shiny top coat,
NYC in a new York color minute water street blue,
Wet n wild megalast violet attack,
Jordana boy oh boy,
Lotus herbals colour dew deep sea,
and Wet n wild wild shine French white tip.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment