Monday, October 21, 2013

That could be a little more sonic!

Hi guys!

Sorry I've taken so long to post this, it's been a super busy week for me, but I have lots of new nail art to show you girls and more Halloween goodness so it's all been worth it!


I literally made this the night before my meetup and baked it the morning of, so not a lot of finesse was put into the making of this! I bought a pocket blowgun from Harbor Freight for around three bucks and used that as my base, and I molded sculpey around the base and head of the blowgun to make it longer than it's original five inches. I added a small circle of glow in the dark sculpey to the laser(?) end of the screwdriver since it didn't have anything else laser-like going for it. I freehanded a little blue stripe with a circle in the middle on the handle of the screwdriver with blue nail polish after baking, I haven't seen one with a stripe like that anywhere and I wanted to give mine a unique flair.


These are the nails I wore to the meetup, I knew I wanted something Tardis blue, but I didn't know what else so I just went through my plates and picked something at random. I've finally learned my lesson on using Konad's black stamping polish, I've reached the conclusion that it's completely impossible to use with full nail images because when I clean up the excess it seeps into every nook and cranny of my cuticles it can possibly find and it's just a horrific pain in the neck! Ok, now that I've got that out of my system I'll get onto the actual nails!


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Wet n wild fast dry teal of fortune,
Konad special stamping polish black (rawr),
SH20,
and NYC extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blue! And the stamping is pretty too. I totally agree about Konad Black, it's a pain to clean up. But stamps so good!

    ReplyDelete