Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy (belated) Hetalia Day!

Hi girls!

I live in the middle of nowhere so I wasn't able to attend any of the Hetalia Day meetups Saturday, but I was attending a Halloween party the same day so I decided to cosplay as Hungary!
I've been thinking of doing this for a while so I had most of the outfit pieces already, the coat is an old military coat I thrifted, it was about four sizes too big though so I had to size it down a bit.
I inside-outed the coat and sewed about two inches away from the original seam on the sleeve and then cut off the excess. I found this tutorial useful for figuring out the sleeves.
I wanted to make the body of the jacket smaller too, but I couldn't figure out a clean way to do it without totally deconstructing the jacket so I let it be. But after I adding the belt it actually doesn't look like I'm wearing my dad's coat!


The pants, belt, and frying pan were also thrifted, I already had the boots, and I picked up the leather gloves at an estate sale for five bucks (usually I wouldn't pay that much for a pair of gloves I'll never wear again, but they're vintage leather and fit my hands just right so I had to get them!). I hot-glued a flower onto a oversized barrette, but it only held throughout my photoshoot and half of the party, so I'll have to figure out a stabler way of attaching it.




My lovely mom sewed my Hungarian flag for me, it's on an old curtain dowel and I hot-glued the fabric into place so it won't slide around (I had a lot of fun waving it around!).


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment