Sunday, September 1, 2013

Crumpet's 33 day challenge day one red

Hi guys!

I have decided to participate in the 31 day challenge 2013 because I'm totally crazy and don't have enough on my plate already! I found out about this years challenge on Chalkboard nails here, people are supposed to use #31DC2013 to find other people's posts, but More Nail Polish went to the trouble of organizing a inlinkz for each day and you can grab the codes for each day here.

 

Day one is red and I've been itching to do some watermelon nails ever since I tried to call these abstract watermelons. I've been seeing ruffian manis all over the place and thought one would work perfectly in a watermelon design! I started with my green base and went over it with my red to create the ruffian portion of the mani. I used a dotting tool and striping brush to create the seeds, and then I finished with a light coat of a pink glitter over the red part of the watermelon.


I think these came out perfectly! I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull off the ruffian in one go since this is my first time trying it out, but it was really easy to do!


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild clear nail protector,
Wet n wild wild shine red red,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Milani just peachy,
rue beaute! nail deco green/blue/yellow stacked polish,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love all these red manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I'm going to try for the 33 Day Challenge which starts towards the end of this month.. it's every 2 or 3 days, but still not sure I'll make it! Thanks so much for the award.. I'll try and get around to posting it sometime this week, warmer Spring weather certainly chews up my blogging time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on trying to participate in the 33 day challenge, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do everyday or not yet.

      Delete