Friday, September 13, 2013

Boku Hetalia

Hi guys!

I think I might of gone a little overboard with today's nail art, but I'm ridiculously happy with how it looks! Today's theme in the #31DC2012 is flowers and I didn't want to do the usual boring rose or daisy design I'd usually do, so since I've been watching waaaay to much Hetalia lately, I did some (awesome in my opinion) Hetalia ending theme nail art! If you haven't seen the series, and I highly recommend watching them, you can watch the theme that inspired today's nails here.


All of the details on these were done with a striping brush except for the flowers. First I started with a base of white, striped different colors over the nail, outlined the stalks and leaves in dark and light green, and finally used layers of different sizes of dots for the flowers.


On my thumb after I did the stripes on my white base, I did half circles on the sides of the nails because I couldn't squeeze whole circles onto the nail, and then finally I painted the blue vines with a striping brush and the stars with an itsy bitsy detail brush.


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Wet n wild wild shine French white crème,
Wet n wild wild shine tickled pink,
Wet n wild megalast candy-licious,
Wet n wild fast dry sage in the city,
Jordana boy oh boy,
N.Y.C in a new York color minute Lexington yellow,
Orly star of Bombay,
L.A colors color craze sea shell,
China glaze def defying,
Pure ice French kiss,
Color Mates nail art tangerine,
Lotus herbals colour dew deep sea,
Petites color fever seashell,
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry jumpin' jade,
a dotting tool,
a extra small detail brush,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading!

6 comments: