Friday, September 20, 2013

As white as snow,and as red as blood

Hi guys!

Today's theme in the #31DC2013 is to create a mani inspired by a color. I chose Madame Red from Black Butler as my inspiration, if you want a little backstory on her you can learn more about her here.
I painted Madame Red on my thumb so I would have as much room as possible, and I think she looks great if I do say myself! I wasn't sure what to do for the rest of my nails so I stamped a floral design in her favorite color.


I used a extremely thin striping brush for the details and a small dotting tool for the pupils of her eyes. I was surprised at how her eyes came out, usually I'm dreadful at eyes (lips too), but I was able to outline them and even add eyelashes!



Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
Wet n wild wild shine French white crème,
Ulta let the flames begin,
Orly ever burgundy,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
N.Y.C broadway burgundy frost,
Wet n wild megalast sugar coat,
Petites color fever vintage gray,
BM16,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments: