Monday, August 26, 2013

N.A.I.L a great read

Hi guys!

Today is the last day of the Nail Art Ideas Linkup and the theme is a great read! Instead of trying to figure out what's the best book I've read this summer, I picked the last book I read that I really enjoyed. This is where my obsessive book journal keeping comes in handy!
Today's mani is inspired by Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger. It's set in the same world as her series the Parasol Protectors, so if you enjoyed those this would be great to read next!
In the interest of not totally spoiling the book for anyone who wants to read it, I'll give you a little explanation of each nail starting with my index.


My index is crossed swords to represent the flyawaymen (flying highwaymen) that confront Sophronia on several occasions, my middle for the extensive eyelash fluttering classes the girls have to attend,("Practice your eyelash-fluttering, ladies. Six rounds of one hundred each before bed.") my ring for her mechanimal (mechanical dog) named Bumbersnoot, my pinkie is just a Victorian print stamped in pink on black, and my thumb is the balloon that Sophronia and her friends "borrow" from the flyawaymen.


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild wild shine clear nail protector,
N.Y.C in a new York color minute MoMa,
Wet n wild fast dry how I met your magneta,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Konad black stamping polish,
Konad white stamping polish,
SH14,
SH08,
W117,
SH16,
and BM20.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments: