Friday, August 30, 2013

May the odds be ever in your favor

Hi guys!

It's time for another I <3 nerd challenge and today's theme is The Hungers Games! I thought about maybe re-doing my mocking jay mani, but I decided to save that for later and do a Effie Trinket mani. I wasn't able to tell if her nails change throughout the rest of the movie, but these were the nails she had on when she pulled out Primrose's name out of the reaping bowl.


I just used this purple polish in my Etiquette and Espionage mani, so it was still in the top layer of my stash and I thought it would work perfectly for these nails! I used a sponge to add the gold, I lightly sponged over 3/4's of my nail and then sponged a bit more farther down to get the gradient effect.


Polishes I used:

Wet n wild clear nail protector,
N.Y.C in a new York color minute MoMa,
and Nina Ultra Pro gladiator.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely pink! By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I really like this mani! I've just recently read the first two Hunger Games books, nail art inspiration is everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete