Monday, July 1, 2013

MSMD cherry blossoms

Hi!

I have a rather strange MSMD mani for you guys today! Instead of  copying a mani someone else has done as usual, I based my nails off this pretty design on a can of tea. This is a can of Arizona green tea with ginseng and I really love the cherry blossoms on the can so I immediately thought of  using them as a design for my nails on MSMD!



I was surprised to find out that I have a blue polish that matched the can so perfectly, I was thinking I'd have to mix a couple to get the right shade. I used a striping brush for the branches and a dotting tool for the flowers.


You can't really see it that well, but I highlighted parts of the branches with a gunmetal gray polish and it really added depth to the design.


I love the flowers on my pinkie the most! I think this would be really cute with white flowers with red centers, I'm not sure what base color I'd use.



Here's the polishes I used:

Color mates clear,
EN-VY cuckoo for you,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Wet n wild megalast candy-licious,
a striping brush,
and a dotting tool.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Soooo cute, a really lovely manicure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always stare at that tea bottle and you made it happen! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's amazing how there's so much nail art inspiration just lying around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I've always loved that design on the cans, so I think it's a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty! I love cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! I really love it! I'm a fan of cherry blossom trees so I really love your mani ♥

    ReplyDelete