Monday, July 22, 2013

Don't go breaking my heart ♥

Hi guys!

This mani is two challenges rolled into one! For today's MSMD I used this heart gradient tutorial by SimpleNailArtDesigns. For these nails you paint your entire nail in your base color and then let it dry. Then you cut little hearts out of tape, unfold them and put it on your nails. I probably should of cut the tape beforehand but I didn't think of that in time. The hardest part for me was cutting out small enough hearts, I had a boatload of rejects. I used masking tape instead of scotch because I thought it would be easier to peel apart, and for tape mani newbies like me it's easier to see on your nail too!


So the second challenge this mani is taking on is the July TPC! I used all three of my polishes plus two extras. While I was looking through my polish box for something I saw this dark blue crackle and thought it would be pretty over the mint and figured what the heck, so as a result of that I have a pretty accent nail now!
I used Sally Hansen X-treme wear mint sorbet, Wet n wild megalast I need a refresh-mint, and Klean Color midnight queen and those are my three official TPC polishes!


Here's the other polishes I used:

Color Mates clear,
Jordana boy oh boy,
Sally Hansen crackle overcoat distressed denim,
and some masking tape.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments: