Friday, July 12, 2013

Cracking open a good book

Hi guys!

Today's theme in the Llama nails nerd challenge is literature. I thought that was a pretty vague realm of possibilities so instead of picking a specific book to base my nails on I did a mani inspired by the physical books themselves.


I painted book spines in different colors on all my nails, I started with striping three colors on each nail and outlining them in black. Then I used a striping brush to add details to the spines in gold and silver.

I briefly thought about adding some rhinestones for some extra zing but decided against it.
Almost all of the polishes I used were shimmery so this was a bit tricky to get clear pictures of.


You don't get as much shine from the individual polishes in these pictures but the details on the spines show up a much clearer.


Here's the polishes I used:

Color Mates clear,
Klean Color midnight queen,
Lakme' fast and fabulous 40" gold caramel,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Color mates fuchsia flash,
Nina ultra pro gladiator,
Wet n wild wild shine metallica,
China Glaze def defying,
Lakme' truewear twilight mauve,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, I don't know how you think of all these good ones!

    ReplyDelete