Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Angry Beavers!

Hi!

It's the next to last day of the Llama nails time periods nail art challenge! Today's theme is 90's and I decided to do some nail art based on one of my favorite cartoons from the 90's, Angry Beavers!
I have Daggett on my ring finger and Norbert on my middle. Dag was actually way easier to paint than I thought he would be, but I'm not completely happy with how Norb came out. Trying to fit all that hair on my nail threw me for a bit of a loop.


I started with a gradient of red, yellow, and orange as my base and then I painted and filled out the silhouettes of norb and dag in brown and yellow. Then I used a striping brush to outline everything in black and add details. I used a dotting tool for both sets of eyes and for filling out Dag's teeth.



This challenge has helped me think of some pretty unique nail art ideas, although I have no idea what I'm going to do for the next theme, Futuristic.


Here's the polishes I used:

Color mates clear,
Essence colour & go little miss sunrise,
Lakme true wear twilight mauve,
Color mates nail art cocoa,
Sally Hansen no chip 10 day nail color surely ivory,
Wet n wild wild shine jezebel,
Petites color fever seashell,
Color mates winey the pooh,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
N.Y.C French white tip,
L.A girl disco brites light show,
Ulta let the flames begin,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment