Tuesday, June 11, 2013

To boldly go

Hi!

This time around the theme for Polly Polish's Polish Days is sci-fi! My very first thought was Doctor Who (I have a bit of a one track mind), but I decided that would be taking the easy way out, so I actually did some thinking and thought of doing Quantum Leap nails!
I got hooked on the series about a year ago and blew through all five seasons in a couple weeks. And of course Al is my fave character, because who wouldn't love someone who would wear a canary yellow zoot suit?


I found this awesome site where someone took the time to post pictures of all his crazy clothes and I picked out some of the more extravagant outfits and put them on my nails! Here's the links to the clothes that inspired each nail, thumb, index, ring, pinkie, and middle.


My thumb is my favorite of the nails, probably because normal human beings would wear those colors together!

And here's the outrageous amount of polish I used to make these:

N.Y.C in a new York minute grand central station,
Wet n wild wild shine metallica,
Wet n wild wild shine Caribbean frost,
Wet n wild fast-dry gray's anatomy,
Wet n wild fast-dry ebony hates chris,
N.Y.C French white tip,
Essence colour & go little miss sunrise,
Color mates little blue box,
Color mates winey the pooh,
Jesse's girl running wild,
Nina ultra pro gladiator,
Petites color fever vintage gray,
L.A colors art deco seafoam green,
L.A colors art deco magneta,
Lakme' fast and fabulous 40" gold caramel,
Klean Color boogie nights,
The Color Workshop unnamed polish,
Konad special stamping polish white,
and BM21.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Wow each nail is so intricate! Great mani!

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I used to love that show so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quantum Leap! Wow that's a flashback. Great mani inspiration x

    ReplyDelete