Wednesday, June 19, 2013

If the good Lord had intended us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates!

Hi!

Today's theme for the Llama nails time periods challenge is 70's! I really didn't want the typical tie-dye disco mess on my nails, so I looked up movie dates and found out that Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory came out in 1971.
I absolutely love this movie (not even going to say anything about the new one) and I'm listening to the soundtrack all the time so it was easy to think up things for my nails!


My chocolate bar nail was inspired by this post by Lucy's Stash and I'm very happy with how it came out, I sponged two shades of gold over the chocolate to get that crinkly foil texture.


My middle finger is the good/bad scale, my ring finger is the lickable wallpaper (sadly I didn't have a snozzberry stamp), my pinkie is the bubbles from the fizzy lifting drinks, and my thumb is a wrapped wonka bar.


I'm thinking about doing a mani with all the nails chocolate, I really love how it looks!

                                     

Here's the polishes I used:

Color Mates clear,
L.A colors color craze radiation,
Pure ice ???,
Rimmel Londal 60 second camoflauge,
Color Mates nail art cocoa,
N.Y.C French white tip,
Wet n wild metallica,
Pure ice A-list,
The Color Workshop unnamed,
Crayola pacific blue,
Essence little miss sunrise,
Klean Color boogie nights,
Koand special stamping polish red,
Wet n wild fastdry gray's anatomy,
Lakme' fast and fabulous 40" gold caramel,
L.A color art deco magenta,
Jesse's girl center stage,
W118,
a dotting tool,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! So creative, you did a great job. Love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea!! I love the chocolate bar nail.

    ReplyDelete