Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day nail art

Hi!

I wanted to do something totally different than the usual boring father's day theme, golf, ugly ties, cars, etc. A friend suggested that I look up father in different languages and this is what I came up with!
I was surprised that the word for father sounds almost the same in so many different languages (baba, papa, pappa, pappie), but I picked out some of more exotic sounding versions!


Going from left to right, tatti (Yiddish), otec (Slovak), patri (Sicilian), vader (Dutch), and aboji (Korean) on my thumb. I used a striping tool for all the letters and a dotting tool for some touch ups. And I finished with a generous coat of top coat to smooth everything out.



Here's the polishes I used:

Color Mates clear,
N.Y.C French white tip,
N.Y.C in a new York color minute MoMa,
Jordana boy oh boy,
Wet n wild wild shine blazed,
Essence colour & go little miss sunrise,
Wet n wild fastdry sage in the city,
a striping brush,
and a dotting tool.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment