Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mona Lisa nail art

Hi!

I think we're almost past the extra difficult themes! Today's theme of the Llama nails time periods nail challenge is the Renaissance. I decided to bite off way more than I could chew by trying to do the Mona Lisa, and it actually came out way better than I thought it would!


It took almost an hour for me to do, but part of that may be I kept re-doing her eyes and nose.
But interestingly her mouth was the easiest part to paint!


I used a detail brush for all the details, I was going to use a dotting tool for the eyes but it turned out  to be too big for the job.



Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
CQ golden green,
N.Y.C French white tip,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry jumpin' jade,
Petites color fever seashell,
Petites color fever vintage gray,
Lotus herbals colour dew gold mist,
Sally Hansen no chip 10 day surely ivory,
a detail brush,
and N.Y.C color in a new York minute grand central station.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: