Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Llama nails time periods Victorian Era

Hi!

I've been looking forward to today's challenge theme because I love all things Victorian/steampunk and having them on my nails is even better!
I was originally thinking about doing some cameos or silhouettes, but I've been wanting to do clockwork for a while (and I just watched the great mouse detective so I have it on the brain) so that's what I did!

I started with a dark burgundy polish as my base and used three different metallic polishes for the gears. The gears were all done with a striping brush, I tried to paint the ones on my pinkie and thumb to look like they're interlocking and I'm really happy with how they came out.


I think this might be my favorite so far of the manis I've done for this challenge, I just love how the gears shimmer on top of the dark base.



Here's the polishes I used:

N.Y.C in a new York color minute grand central station,
Jesse's girl center stage,
EN-VY blue my mind,
Lotus herbals colour dew copper gold,
Wet n wild fast dry gray's anatomy,
and a striping brush.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment