Sunday, May 26, 2013

Exploring Carlsbad Caverns

Hi!

I just got back from a road trip with my family and we went to one of my favorite national parks, Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico! I took over a hundred pictures (I said it was my favorite!), and after a lot of weeding I picked out a couple of what I thought were some of my better shots.


We walked through the natural cave entrance rather than taking the elevator, I was told that the whole walkaround of the cavern is around three miles, and I was really surprised because it didn't seem nearly as long as that.






This is one of my favorites, after a lot of fiddling I made my camera agree to taking pictures in the dark, and I love how this one got the dim blue-ish yellow lighting of the cave.


I think these look a tad like christmas trees, but the actual name for all the formations is Speleothems.


We made a quick stop in Moab, Utah on the way home and I only took a few pictures so I just have this one to show you guys.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I visited some caves over here in Ireland on a school tour one time and they were amazing, really special places to see.

    ReplyDelete