Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco De Mayo nail art

Hi!

I was going through my folder of to do nail art because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for today's post, and then I realized it's Cinco De Mayo! After a bit of looking I found this really helpful tutorial by Pixie Polish on YouTube which you can watch here.


I have mixed feelings about how they came out, I'm happy with the eyes but I wish my colors had shown up brighter, and I'm not crazy about how the teeth came out.
They were pretty easy to do, they just took a chunk of time paint.


But they do look neat next to the dios las muertos skull I painted a couple months back!



Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
N.Y.C French white tip,
Color Mates nail art bold yellow,
Color Mates nail art lime,
Color Mates nail art tangerine,
Color Mates nail art hot pink,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
a dotting tool,
a detail brush,
a striping brush,
and N.Y.C in a new York color minute.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant nail art! I really want to do sugar skulls some time, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete