Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Llama nails time periods Imperial China I'll make a man out of you

Hi!

Today's theme in the Llama nails time periods challenge is Imperial China! I really wanted to do Mulan nail art so I looked it up and it is set in Imperial China (if it wasn't I was going to be in trouble 'cause I didn't have any other ideas). My absolute favorite song from the movie is I'll make a man out of you and that's what my nail art is inspired by!


We must be swift as the coursing river (index), with all the force of the great typhoon (thumb, with all the strength of the raging fire (ring), mysterious as the dark side of the moon (middle). And I freehanded a little M for Mulan on my pinkie.


The fire is stamped in several layers in different colors, the water is two blues and a green swirled together with blue glitter on top, and the moon and m were freehanded with a detail brush.


My thumb is by far my favorite of the bunch, it's a mixture of stamping and dotting combined to make my great typhoon. Although I think it looks a bit like a sea urchin shell, which isn't a bad thing in my book!

Here's the ton and a half of polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
Orly ever burgundy,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Konad special stamping polish white,
Konad special stamping polish red,
Crayola pacific blue,
Color Club first looks,
N.Y.C broadway burgundy frost,
Wet n wild fast dry gray's anatomy,
L.A colors art deco dark blue,
L.A colors art deco bright orange,
L.A colors art deco seafoam green,
N.Y.C French white tip,
L.A colors color craze static electricity,
L.A colors color craze current,
Bundle Monster plate BM01,
Shany plate SH03,
Shany plate SH04,
a dotting tool,
a detail brush,
and N.Y.C in a new York color minute grand central station.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment