Tuesday, March 19, 2013

T-shirt quilt top

Hi!

I've been piling old t-shirts that I don't wear anymore in a pile in the corner of my room, and most of them are stay there because they have neat designs and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them. So a couple days ago I sorted through them all, picked out the ones with logos and prints, and cut a bunch of 10 by 10 squares.
I ended up with 24 squares and I sewed them into rows of 6, so I ended up with a 6 by 4 rectangle.


That's as far as I've gotten so far, I think I'm going to tie it to finish it instead of quilting it, a couple of the shirts have studs and that wouldn't agree with my sewing machine. I haven't used my sewing machine in almost two years so I had a bit of a rough start coaxing her to sew normally but after I got her going smoothly it came together really quickly.


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! I might try this myself but I was wondering, how do you prevent the squares from stretching out of shape since they're made of t-shirts?

    ReplyDelete