Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Suspension bridges at sunset

Hello!

These bridge nails are the result of one of the weirder 365 prompts, I was supposed to pick a random date in history and make something inspired by something that happened on that day. I picked September 16th 1972 and the only interesting thing that happened that day was a bridge that collapsed in the Philippines.


So I decided to do some suspension bridge at sunset nail art. I started with a gradient of three pinks for the sunset hues and used a striping brush to do the bridge.


They didn't come out as delicate looking as I wanted but I think they're still recognizable as bridges.




Josephine found one of my shoes while I had my camera out so I had to snap a few pictures!


Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
Petites color fever seashell,
N.Y.C in a new York minute MoMa,
Wet n wild megalast candy-licious,
Wet n wild megalast sugar coat,
a sponge,
a striping brush,
and N.Y.C extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment