Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sailor boy pilot bread nail art

Hello!

I have some obscure nail art for you today! When my dad was little he used to eat Sailor boy pilot bread, and recently we found some at the grocery store. Today's 365 prompt is to make something inspired by packaged food and I wanted to do some nail art my dad would appreciate so I painted the sailor boy on my ring finger and did a french tip design with the rest of the colors that were on the box.

I used a needle dipped in polish to do the boy since I wanted my lines to be super thin, and I just used the brushes that came with the polish for the french tips.


I think these came out wonderfully, a couple friends recognized what they were without me telling them first; that's one of the qualifications for me to consider my nail art a success.




Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
Wet n wild wild shine blue moon,
Wet n wild wild shine red red,
N.Y.C french white tip,
Wet n wild wild shine french white crème,
a needle,
and N.Y.C extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment