Friday, February 22, 2013

Nancy drew nail art

Hello!

I have some exciting nail art for you guys today! My mom has been an avid reader of the Nancy Drew series since she was little, and Moda recently came out with a line of Nancy drew inspired fabrics. She made a quilt, and I did her nails to go with it! You can check out her quilt here on her blog Michelle's Romantic Tangle.

I painting a silhouette of Nancy going up the staircase from The Hidden Staircase on her thumb,


and the crosshatching and spirals from the book spines on the rest of her nails.


Nancy was made by a combination of using a striping brush, a dotting tool, and a sewing pin dipped in polish.

And the crosshatching and spirals were all done with a striping brush. I did each nail a different shade of blue because I've seen covers in all sorts of shades.



Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
EN-VY blue my mind,
L.A colors color craze static electricity,
Wet n wild fast dry ebony hates chris,
Pure ice French kiss,
N.Y.C in a new York minute Lexington yellow,
L.A colors color craze unnamed blue,
a striping brush,
a dotting tool,
a pin,
and N.Y.C extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. What a talented lady you are. It looks like your mom is lucky to have such a fun and creative daughter. You two rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you have such talent! Luck mom to have a daughter like you. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete